Test Analyst (Web & Mobile)
Hoof (formerly known as ‘Aceworks’) provides the tools that businesses need to prosper. With a growing suite of business management features combined with integrated payment processing tools, our mobile and web application helps small businesses spend more time doing what they love!
From field-service businesses to high-street retailers, our affordable solution enables anyone to run their business and start taking card payments quickly and easily.
About the role
We are looking for a dedicated and diligent software tester who is interested in joining a growing team and developing a cloud-based business management and payment processing application for small businesses.
As a Test Analyst you will work within the development team and take a leading role in conducting test activities on both web and mobile, from design, through to execution and reporting. You will be responsible for guaranteeing the product is of the highest quality by verifying and validating that the product is delivered to the specifications set out by the product team. You will perform a detailed analysis of the requirements, highlighting any issues with the product team, before designing and executing test cases. Your output will provide feedback to the development team as part of an agile delivery process.
Our investment in the technical team represents our commitment to innovation and disruptive product development as we embark on domestic and international expansion.
How can you help us succeed?
In this role, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Review feature requests from the product team to understand the overall objective
- Review Dev Tests and provide coverage suggestions
- Communicate any potential issues with proposed designs
- Execute functional testing in accordance with test plans
- Plan, prioritise and manage multiple test activities to ensure on-time delivery
- Create test plans to ensure adequate coverage across both web and mobile (Android/iOS) platforms
- Identify requirement gaps found during testing, proactively communicate them with the product team, and track them until closed
- Communicate test failings with the development team as part of the agile development process
As the the first tester in the team, your additional responsibilities will be to:
- Identify improvements to processes and assist in their implementation
- Manage all risks associated with the testing strategy and coverage
- Work independently with limited oversight
- Be a positive influence on the whole Aceworks team
- Take ownership of and maintain user documentation – you will know the application better than anyone else!
- Keep up to date with the latest in testing strategies and tools, and advise on the most effective methods to use
What do you need to succeed?
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Successful and proven experience in testing both web and mobile (Android/iOS) applications
- Experience with Browserstack (or similar) to effectively test responsiveness and compatibility (or use of your own device lab)
- Experience with API test tools like POSTMAN or similar
- Experience of working effectively in an Agile environment (Scrum/Kanban)
- Strong time management skills and experience using JIRA
- Strong analytical skills with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to perform independently or in a team environment
- Detailed technical knowledge of security, accessibility and compatibility issues
- Experience in building and delivering automated testing is beneficial
- Experience in FinTech or financial services is desirable
- Qualifications in Computer Science or equivalent are desirable
What will you get from us?
You will benefit from:
- The opportunity to develop your career as a key member of an early-stage start-up
- The opportunity to make a valuable contribution to the direction of our product
- A nice office environment with free gym membership, free parking and shuttle bus
- An annual company budget allocated to team events and experiences
- A flexible working schedule and the opportunity to work remotely
- A competitive salary
Salary Range: up to £30,000 (subject to experience)
Working Hours: 40hrs per week, flexible hours as per business requirements