Hoof (formerly known as ‘Aceworks’) provides the tools that businesses need to prosper. With a growing suite of business management features combined with integrated payment processing tools, our mobile and web application helps small businesses spend more time doing what they love!
From field-service businesses to high-street retailers, our affordable solution enables anyone to run their business and start taking card payments quickly and easily.
About the role
We are looking to build a long-term relationship with a talented and dynamic product manager who is interested in becoming involved in a growing start-up and has a genuine enthusiasm for launching an exciting new product. You should enjoy working in a team environment and be a natural leader, with the drive to lead your team to success. You should also have a keen interest in UX and proven success in taking products from inception through to launch by delivering high-quality software on-time.
As the product manager, you will take a leading role in shaping the product strategy and roadmap. You will initially work with a small team of developers in order to rapidly release the next version of our iOS, Android and web applications, but ultimately you will be working within a cross-functional team to develop new and innovative solutions for our customers.
Our investment in the technical team represents our commitment to innovation and disruptive product development as we embark on domestic and international expansion.
How can you help us succeed?
In this role, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide end-to-end agile project management (design, test, release, support), focussing on ‘small but frequent’ releases
- Plan future projects and updates by creating detailed project plans, setting key deliverables and managing work sprints
- Manage and support the internal technical team to deliver software development projects
- Collaborate with external technical teams, agencies and partners where necessary to deliver software development projects
- Work with internal designers and developers to create UX design mock-ups, wireframes and prototypes
- Identify opportunities or risks and conduct feasibility studies for new development projects
- Maintain relationships with various stakeholders including internal sales and support teams
- Work with other stakeholders to scope feature requirements, prioritise the importance of different projects and maintain the project backlog
- Act as product owner and work with other stakeholders to sign-off completed projects
- Identify customer needs and focus on a customer-centric approach to software development
- Review the competitor landscape and industry trends to better understand our position in the market
- Monitor product and performance-related data reporting and clearly communicate results to other stakeholders
- Develop support documentation including project requirements, user personas, use scenarios and risk logs
- Work alongside other managers to recruit a technical team of designers, engineers, developers and testers
Your initial objectives will be to:
- Contribute to building a small team of iOS and Android developers
- Establish project requirements and setup the product pipeline in Jira
- Collaborate with internal and external technical teams to develop and test features
- Manage the release of the next version of our iOS, Android and web applications
- Communicate with customers and gather feedback to better understand their needs
What do you need to succeed?
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience (5+ years) as an agile software development product manager who has successfully released sophisticated web and mobile applications
- Detailed technical knowledge of SaaS software, mobile applications, security, accessibility and UX design
- Strong people management skills and experience of working with a cross-section of internal and external technical teams
- Strong planning, organisational and communication skills with hands-on experience using Jira
- Strong analytical skills with a passion for problem-solving and capable of deriving insight through data and research
- Experience with Android Studio, Xcode and GitHub is desirable
- Experience in FinTech or financial services is desirable
- Experience of working in a start-up environment is desirable
- Qualifications in Computer Science, Digital Marketing or equivalent are desirable
What will you get from us?
You will benefit from:
- The opportunity to develop your career as a key member of an early-stage start-up
- The opportunity to make a valuable contribution to the direction of our product
- A nice office environment with free gym membership, free parking and shuttle bus
- An annual company budget allocated to team events and experiences
- A flexible working schedule and the opportunity to work remotely
- A competitive salary
Salary Range: up to £55,000 (subject to experience)
Working Hours: 40hrs per week, flexible hours as per business requirements