Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO)
Hoof (formerly known as ‘Aceworks’) provides the tools that businesses need to prosper. With a growing suite of business management features combined with integrated payment processing tools, our mobile and web application helps small businesses spend more time doing what they love!
From field-service businesses to high-street retailers, our affordable solution enables anyone to run their business and start taking card payments quickly and easily.
About the role
We are looking for a dedicated and diligent MLRO who is interested in joining a growing team and taking responsibility for all key areas of financial compliance.
As an MLRO you will take a leading role in managing the development, implementation and reviews of our AML/CFT framework and associated internal policies. You will be responsible for conducting risk assessments, making recommendations to address these risks and effectively implementing policies across the business. Your work will enable us to maintain compliance with all the relevant regulatory requirements.
Our investment in this role represents our commitment to financial compliance as we embark on domestic and international expansion.
How can you help us succeed?
In this role, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Develop, implement and update our AML/CTF framework
- Develop tactical and operational plans to address/mitigate risks related to AML/CFT
- Review all compliance matters with regulatory requirements and ensure gaps are identified and mitigated
- Develop and implement a compliance monitoring and reporting mechanism to check the compliance against prescribed regulations, rules and standards
- Evaluate internal controls and anti-money laundering compliance programs for the company through transaction analysis and compliance reviews
- Support our efforts to comply with company policies and procedures as they relate to anti-money laundering
- Provide guidance on proper application and interpretation of laws, regulations and policies applicable to the business and our customers
- Communicate and coordinate with other business stakeholders on anti-money laundering related issues and conduct internal AML/CFT training sessions
- Conduct regulatory specific compliance reviews and routine checks
- Conduct transaction monitoring and submission of Suspicious Activity Reports
- Conduct risk assessment and prepare periodic compliance reports
- Act as a liaison officer with the regulator and other key parties
As the the first MLRO in the team, your additional responsibilities will be to:
- Assist in the successful delivery of our initial FCA application
- Take ownership of all financial compliance and anti-money laundering matters
- Identify areas of concern and make recommendations to address these issues
- Handle all communications with the regulator and other key parties
- Work independently with limited oversight
What do you need to succeed?
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Successful and proven experience in Compliance, Audit, Risk and AML within the financial services industry
- Experience in setting the strategic direction of an organisation
- Relevant AML/CFT certification
- Strong time management skills
- Strong analytical skills with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- The ability to deal with ambiguity and articulate thoughts in a clear and concise manner
- The ability to perform independently or in a team environment driven by deadlines
- The Ability to develop strong relationships internally and externally, including with law enforcement
What will you get from us?
You will benefit from:
- The opportunity to develop your career as a key member of an early-stage start-up
- An annual company budget allocated to team events and experiences
- A flexible working schedule and the opportunity to work remotely
- A competitive salary
Salary Range: up to £30,000 (subject to experience)
Working Hours: 40hrs per week, flexible hours as per business requirements