Mobile App Developer (iOS)
Hoof (formerly known as ‘Aceworks’) provides the tools that businesses need to prosper. With a growing suite of business management features combined with integrated payment processing tools, our mobile and web application helps small businesses spend more time doing what they love!
From field-service businesses to high-street retailers, our affordable solution enables anyone to run their business and start taking card payments quickly and easily.
About the role
We are looking to build a long-term relationship with a dynamic and experienced developer who is interested in becoming involved in a growing start-up and has a genuine enthusiasm for launching an exciting new product. You should enjoy working in a team environment and have a keen interest in both UX and UI design.
As an iOS developer, you will take a leading role in shaping the iOS application, fully integrated with our cloud-based systems and infrastructure, to sit alongside both our Android and web applications. You will initially work with a small team of developers in order to rapidly release the next version of our iOS application, but ultimately you will be working within a cross-functional team to develop new and innovative solutions for our customers.
Our investment in the technical team represents our commitment to innovation and disruptive product development as we embark on domestic and international expansion.
How can you help us succeed?
In this role, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Support the entire product lifecycle (design, test, release, support)
- Produce fully functional mobile applications with clean code
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
- Work with designers to design interfaces that improve user experience
- Integrate with third-party services and financial systems
- Ensure high quality and strict security standards are met
- Oversee the application releases and ongoing maintenance
- Write unit and UI tests to identify any issues
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimise performance
- Identify potential risks or malfunctions and act quickly to resolve issues
Your initial objectives will be to:
- Complete development of the core features of our iOS application
- Achieve required pentest standards and received authorisation from our partners ready for market launch
What do you need to succeed?
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Successful and proven experience (5+ years) as a Mobile App Developer
- Demonstrable portfolio of mobile applications
- In-depth knowledge of Swift/Objective-C
- In-depth knowledge of JSON and XML
- Experience with Xcode and GitHub
- Experience with third-party libraries, SDKs and APIs
- Familiarity with MVC framework
- Familiarity with OOP design principles
- Strong time management skills and familiarity with Jira
- Strong analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- The ability to perform independently or in a team environment
- Detailed technical knowledge of security, accessibility and compatibility issues
- Experience with PCI compliant hardware integration (e.g. card readers) is desirable
- Experience in FinTech or financial services is desirable
- Qualifications in Computer Science or equivalent are desirable
- Knowledge of SQL is desirable
What will you get from us?
You will benefit from:
- The opportunity to develop your career as a key member of an early-stage start-up
- The opportunity to make a valuable contribution to the direction of our product
- A nice office environment with free gym membership, free parking and shuttle bus
- An annual company budget allocated to team events and experiences
- A flexible working schedule and the opportunity to work remotely
- A competitive salary
Salary Range: up to £50,000 (subject to experience)
Working Hours: 40hrs per week, flexible hours as per business requirements